Our view - Altra King MT 1.5 - Women's:
The original Altra King MT proved to be hugely popular with a wide range of people including both previous Altra fans and new customers to the brand thanks to its secure fit and excellent traction.
The 1.5 model features only slight adjustments to what was an exceptional shoe and these are only to the upper with a new reinforced mesh material for increased durability and enhanced drainage features at the toes and medial midfoot to help get water out quicker. Additionally, the FootLock™ strap has been moved slightly so it sits slightly medially and lower down the arch for increased comfort and support. Finally, the very popular neoprene liner to the heel area is softer and more secure.
Retaining the Zero Drop platform and FootShape toe box that Altra are reknowned for means the King MT 1.5 encourages a more natural foot position, toe splay and enhances allround comfort for off-road. The low profile, 19mm stack height that provides light cushioning keeps the foot close to the ground making the King MT excellent for technical running terrain. The off-road capabilities are further enhanced by the retention of the superb Vibram MegaGrip outsole with 6mm lugs which provides traction on a wide range of terrain.
All in all the Altra King MT 1.5 is a fantastic progression of the previous version with no major overhaul but some minor adjustments to improve what was already a very capable and popular off-road fast and light trail shoe.
Specifications - Altra King MT 1.5 - Women's:
- Ideal Uses: Off-Road Running, Peak Bagging, Obstacle Course Racing
- Cushioning: Light
- Stack Height: 19 mm
- Weight: 7.0 oz. / 198 g
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: RFS-M
- Midsole: Altra EGO™
- Outsole: Vibram® MegaGrip® with 6 mm lugs
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-drying and draining Ripstop® nylon with increased drainage near toes and midfoot
- Other Features: Softer Neoprene at heel, improved midfoot strap placement