Our View - Altra Lone Peak 3.5 Mens:
The Lone Peak has been a big favourite with trail runners for many years now and it’s easy to see why. The shoe is extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods of time thanks to the wide, deep toebox that allows the foot to splay naturally. Grip wise it is ideal for mixed terrain running with enough traction for tracks and trails as well as short sections of road.
This year the classic has seen a few subtle improvements rather than whole scale changes and we think that this is a good thing! The materials used in the upper have been changed slightly to improve their durability and the shoe now sees a four-point gator attachment system to ensure that should you wish to attach a gator trail debris is kept out.
Central to all Altra shoes is the foot shaped fit and zero drop which encourages a more natural running style and natural foot motion. Comfort is also crucial and the 25mm stack height provides great cushioning and on top of that the StoneGuard Rock plate sandwiched in the midsole protects against rocks and other trail dangers.
Specifications - Altra Lone Peak 3.5 Mens:
- Weight: 9.0 oz. / 255 g
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
- Cushioning: Moderate
- Stack Height: 25 mm
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: SD6-M
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- Sandwiched StoneGuard™ Rock Protection next to the foot
- Natural Ride System
- 4-Point GatierTrap™ Technology