Our View - Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mens:
The Altra Lone Peak 4.0 sees several significant updates to Altra’s ‘original’ trail running shoe. Starting at the outsole version 4.0 sees new multi-directional, carved lugs for improved traction off-road and the decoupled TrailClaw lugs on the forefoot enhance mud-shedding. Impact protection against rocks and trail debris is improved thanks to the completely redesigned StoneGuard which now reflects the skeletal shape of the foot for an even more dynamic flexibility.
Upper wise the Lone Peak 4.0 still features the integrated tongue which was hugely popular in previous versions but now with a new static webbing for an even better fit and a flexible strap overlay provides an even roomier forefoot fit. Breathability is improved by a draining mesh in the heel and forefoot .
As with all Altra shoes the foot shaped fit and zero drop encourages a more natural running style and natural foot motion. The Lone Peak 4.0 will take you wherever you want to go and further in comfort an protection.
Specifications - Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mens:
- Stack Height: 25mm
- Weight: 10.2 oz / 289 g
- Last: SD6
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- FootShape™ Toe Box - Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- Zero Drop - Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- A-Bound™ Cushioning - Energy-return compound sits directly under the foot to reduce ground impact and add a spring to each step.
- 4-Point GaiterTrap™ - Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- TrailClaw™ - Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off
- MaxTrac™ - A perfect combination of grip, traction and durability that will eat up gnarly terrain like a boss
- StoneGuard™ - Sandwiched between the A-Bound and EVA midsole, the StoneGuard™ offers flexible protection from rugged terrain by deflecting rocks into the midsole for a smooth, stable ride