Our View - Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Womens:
The Altra Lone Peak 4.0 has been updated this year with several significant changes to both the outsole and upper. Upper wise the Lone Peak 4.0 retains the integrated tongue which was hugely popular in previous versions but now with a new static webbing for an even better fit and a flexible strap overlay provides an even roomier forefoot fit.
Moving to the outsole and the Lone Peak 4.0 sees impact protection against rocks and trail debris is improved thanks to the completely redesigned StoneGuard which now reflects the skeletal shape of the foot for an even more dynamic flexibility. Grip wise the new multi-directional, carved lugs improve traction off-road and the decoupled TrailClaw lugs on the forefoot enhance mud-shedding.
The Lone Peak 4.0 continues the foot shaped fit and zero drop that Altra are famous for which encourages a more natural running style and natural foot motion. The Lone Peak 4.0 will take you wherever you want to go and further in comfort and protection.
Specifications - Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Womens:
- Stack Height: 25mm
- Weight: 8.5 oz / 241 g
- Last: SD6
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- FootShape™ Toe Box - Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- Zero Drop - Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- A-Bound™ Cushioning - Energy-return compound sits directly under the foot to reduce ground impact and add a spring to each step.
- 4-Point GaiterTrap™ - Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- TrailClaw™ - Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off
- MaxTrac™ - A perfect combination of grip, traction and durability that will eat up gnarly terrain like a boss
- StoneGuard™ - Sandwiched between the A-Bound and EVA midsole, the StoneGuard™ offers flexible protection from rugged terrain by deflecting rocks into the midsole for a smooth, stable ride