Our View - Altra Lone Peak 4.5 Men:
The Altra Lone Peak 4.5 sees some subtle but effective updates to a very well-established trail shoe. Retaining Altra’s excellent Zero Drop and Footshape features the new Lone Peak has an improved fit and foot hold, increased flexibility and more durable cushioning.
Flexibility has been increased thanks to a more refined upper that allows the shoe to flex better throughout the foot strike and push off. Foot hold through the midfoot has been enhanced by an improved lacing system that is simplified and really hold the foot in place while still allowing your forefoot to spread and function fully.
The biggest change is probably seen in the new midsole foam that has been made durable and feels slightly more responsive underfoot.
We are sure the new Lone Peak 4.5 will continue the shoes popularity and with the small tweaks Altra have engenieered it is sure to appeal to those who love the current version as well as attract those runners looking for a wide, natural feel trail running shoe.
Specifications - Altra Lone Peak 4.5 Men:
- Weight: 10.5 oz / 298 g
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™ with StoneGuard™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Cushion: Moderate
- Stack Height: 25 mm
- Upper: Durable Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- Balanced Cushioning - places your heel & forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- Footshape™ Toe Box - allows your toes to relax & spread out naturally for more comfort & stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- Gaitertrap™ - hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- Trailclaw™ - canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off.
- Maxtrac™ - a perfect combination of grip, traction and durability that will eat up gnarly terrain like a boss.