Our View - Altra Men's Lone Peak 3.0 NeoShell Mid:
The Altra Men's Lone Peak 3.0 NeoShell Mid is a true multi use low boot for walkers and runners looking for support, comfort and lighter weight walking boots to truly put in the miles.
The Lone Peak NeoShell Mid is built of the excellent Lone Peak 3.0 trail running shoe but give a highly breathable and waterproof NeoShell membrane and extended into a mid-boot format for additional ankle support.
The mid-boot format and waterproof membrane is what makes this a multi use boot. It’s ideal for runners looking to cover more miles (ultra distances), to get a waterproof shoe/boot or to get extra support over rough terrain (or any/all of the above!). For hill walkers the above applies too – it’s ultra lightweight and easy to wear over long distances.
In terms of comfort, the Altra Men's Lone Peak 3.0 NeoShell Mid will work well for you if you are looking for a soft upper and a wide toe box. Along with zero-drop (the heel and toe of the boot sit the same distance off the ground), the Altra Men's Lone Peak 3.0 NeoShell Mid inherits all the DNA of the Altra range – zero drop enhances natural movement and stride (increasing the tendency to land your stride on the forefoot – for many a more comfortable way to walk and run); a wide toe box gives you additional comfort, freedom of movement of the toes and less blistering (than if your toes are constrained in narrower footwear). The Lone Peak DNA means the NeoShell Mid is well-cushioned (with a 25mm stack height) which is ideal for long distances over mountain terrain.
Specifications - Altra Men's Lone Peak 3.0 NeoShell Mid:
- WEIGHT: 10 oz. / 283 g
- Cushioning: Moderate
- STACK HEIGHT: 25 mm
- IDEAL USES:
- Trail Running
- Trail Racing
- Cold Weather
- Wet Conditions
- PLATFORM: Natural Foot Positioning: FootShape™ Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ Platform
- DESIGNED TO IMPROVE: Running Form, Toe Splay, Stability, Push-off, Comfort, Traction
- INSOLE: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- LAST: SD6-M / SD5-W
- OTHER FEATURES: StoneGuard™ Sandwiched Rock Protection, Natural Ride System, GaiterTrap™ Technology
- MIDSOLE: EVA with A-Bound™ Top Layer
- OUTSOLE: Altra MaxTrac Sticky Rubber with TrailClaw™
- UPPER: Abrasion-Resistant Mesh with Minimal Seams, Polartec® NeoShell