Our View - Altra Olympus 2.5 Men’s:
The Altra Olympus has been updated this year in terms of the upper but still retains the excellent cushioning and grippy outsole of the Vibram MegaGrip which is ideal for harder, stony trails.
The tweeks this year have seen the upper become more durable thanks to reinforced overlays and also increased breathability to help keep your feet comfortable whatever the temperature. An additional adaptation has been to the attachment for the Altra GaiterTrap which helps to keep trail debris out of the shoe and this year they have introduced a new 4-point attachment system that ensures the gaiter remains in place even better than before.
The typical Altra trademarks of the spacious Footshape toe box and Zero Drop platform that ensures your foot functions as it was designed to do remain and make this one of the most comfortable trail shoes available.
The 36mm stack height runs the entire length of the shoe that provides excellent cushioning and comprising two different compounds that work together for maximise comfort and performance; the A-Bound bottom layer adds a spring to each step and the EVA™ top layer takes the bite out of the rugged terrain.
Specifications - Altra Olympus 2.5 Men’s:
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
- Cushioning: Max
- Stack Height: 36 mm
- Weight: 11.5 oz. / 326 g
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Walking Form, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: SD5-W
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: Durable Rubber with Vibram® MegaGrip™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Abrasion-Resistant Mesh with Minimal Seams
- Other Features: Natural Ride System, 4-Point GaiterTrap™ Technology