Our View - Altra Olympus 2.5 Women’s:
The Altra Olympus 2.5 has been a firm favourite amongst trail runners looking for an excellently cushioned shoe with a grippy outsole and the tweaks to the upper of the latest version will only serve to increase its appeal.
The 2.5 version has retained the same grippy Vibram MegaGrip outsole which provides sufficient traction on most terrain but it really excels on harder, well packed trails and stone terrain.
The updates this year have been primarily to the upper which has been reinforced to increase the durability but has also been made even more breathable to help keep your feet comfortable whatever the temperature.
Altra has always had success with their exclusive GaiterTrap to help keep trail debris out of the shoe and this year they have introduced a new 4-point attachment system that ensures the gaiter remains in place even better than before.
The Altra Olympus 2.5 is built on the female specific Fit4Her technology that is specific to the female foot shape and this retains the typical Altra trademarks of the spacious Footshape toe box and Zero Drop platform that ensures your foot functions as it was designed to do.
The 36mm stack height runs the entire length of the shoe that provides excellent cushioning and comprising two different compounds that work together for maximise comfort and performance; the A-Bound bottom layer adds a spring to each step and the EVA™ top layer takes the bite out of the rugged terrain.
Specifications - Altra Olympus 2.5 Women’s:
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
- Cushioning: Max
- Stack Height: 36 mm
- Weight: 9.6 oz. / 272 g
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Walking Form, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: SD5-W
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: Durable Rubber with Vibram® MegaGrip™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Abrasion-Resistant Mesh with Minimal Seams
- Other Features: Natural Ride System, 4-Point GaiterTrap™ Technology