Our view - Altra Superior 3.0 - Mens:
The Altra Superior 3.0 has been built on everything that was great about its predecessor and made even better! As with all Altra shoes the major benefits are associated with the wide toebox designed to allow your feet to function naturally and maximise comfort, and the zero-drop design which encourages a more efficient running action.
Altra have listened to the feedback from wearers of the Superior 2.0 and made a few small but significantly effective changes to the new version. The first is the inclusion of elastic overlays on the upper to increase the durability. The second is a lateral flare to the outsole lugs which aids grip and stability on challenging terrain.
The Altra Superior 3.0 is a great lightweight trail running shoe with a sticky, lugged outsole that provides grip on rocky, technical trails. The zero-drop encourages runners to utilise a mid-foot running action which increases efficiency but also provides a nice level of cushioning underfoot.
Specifications - Altra Superior 3.0 - Mens:
- Weight: 9.2 oz./261 g
- Cushioning: Light
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Off-Road Racing, Hiking, Backpacking
- Stack Height: 21 mm
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Walking Form, Toe Splay, Comfort Platform: Fully-Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: PFS2-M / PFS-W
- Midsole: EVA / A-Bound™ Blend with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: DuraTread™ Outsole and TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- Other Features: GaiterTrap™ Technology; Fully Reinforced Upper for Optimum Strength