Our view - Altra Superior 3.5 Men:
The ever popular fast and light trail running Superior is back and even better. Altra haven’t made any major changes to the Superior 3.5 deciding to stick with the winning formula of a low profile, zero drop and wide toebox that encourages you run fast and efficiently.
The small changes that Altra have made are only in the upper introducing more durable fabrics and a 4-point GaiterTrap to secure your gaiter more securely and prevent debris entering the shoe and causing irritation.
As with all Altra shoes the major benefits are associated with the wide toebox designed to allow your feet to function naturally and maximise comfort, and the zero-drop design which encourages a more efficient running action.
Grip wise the The Altra Superior 3.5 retains the tough, sticky DuraTread outsole with the lugs providing excellent traction of rocky, technical trails.
If you want a lightly cushioned, fast trail running shoe with a low profile, great grip and a sleek style that allows your feet to function freely and naturally then the Superior 3.5 is a better than ever.
Specifications - Altra Superior 3.5 Men:
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Ultrarunning, Trail Racing, Fast Packing
- Cushioning: Low
- Stack Height: 21mm
- Weight: 10.3 oz. / 292 g
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: PFS2-M
- Midsole: EVA / A-Bound™ Blend with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: DuraTread™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed, Removable StoneGuard
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- Other Features: 4-point GaiterTrapTM Technology, Reinforced, breathable and more flexible upper