Our view - Altra Superior 3.5 Women:
The Altra Superior has always been popular with our customers thanks to its combination of lightweight, low profile, wide toebox and great outsole traction. The updates to the version 3.5 are not huge with just a few tweaks to the upper to introduce a more durable fabric and a 4-point GaiterTrap to securely attach your gaiter and prevent debris getting inside and causing problems.
The now well established wide toebox and zero drop associated with the Altra brand is the centre point to the Superior 3.5 allowing your feet to function as nature intend with toe splay to encourage better impact absorption, more efficient push-off and increased comfort.
Outsole wise the Superior 3.5 retains the tough, sticky DuraTread outsole with the lugs providing excellent traction of rocky, technical trails of its predecessor which has proven success.
If you are looking for a fast, light trail running shoe with a low profile, wide fit and great grip then the Superior 3.5 is now even better than ever.
Specifications - Altra Superior 3.5 Women:
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Ultrarunning, Trail Racing, Fast Packing
- Cushioning: Low
- Stack Height: 21mm
- Weight: 8.2 oz. / 232 g
- Designed to Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: PFS2-M
- Midsole: EVA / A-Bound™ Blend with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: DuraTread™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed, Removable StoneGuard
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
- Other Features: 4-point GaiterTrapTM Technology, Reinforced, breathable and more flexible upper