Our View - Altra Superior 4.5 Men:
Sometimes it can be hard to see where a shoe can be improved and that certainly looked like the case with the Altra Superior, but improve it they have! Thanks to the addition of a more aggressive MaxTrac™ sticky rubber outsole, the lightweight and responsive Quantic™ midsole, and the improved upper that’s more locked-in and durable the Superior 4.5 has been pretty much overhauled.
Altra have also enhanced the uppers breathability, improved water drainage, and retain the popular removable StoneGuard. All this makes the Superior 4.5 ready to blaze fast trails like never before.
Specifications - Altra Superior 4.5 Men:
- Weight: 8.9 oz / 252 g
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed with removable StoneGuard™
- Midsole: Quantic™ with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Cushion: Low
- Stack Height: 21 mm
- Upper: Seamless wrap-around engineered knit
- FOOTSHAPE™ TOE BOX - Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- BALANCED CUSHIONING™ PLATFORM - Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- GAITERTRAP™ - Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- TRAILCLAW™ - Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off.
- QUANTIC - New midsole cushioning with a perfect blend of plush, responsive cushion and a lightweight ride.