Our View – BACH Journeyman 45:
The BACH Journeyman 45 is a really substantial trekking backpack with a great fit and a whole stack of features that make it a great choice for the regular hiker or epic adventures where you need a pack that is going to be reliable throughout.
The ventilated SHIELD PRO back system is a superbly comfortable and keeps you cool even when the temperature rises. A wide front opening and many mesh pockets which provide quick access and easy storage. The floating lid allows you to adjust the packs volume depending on how much you need to pack in.
Hardwearing and highly durable the Cordura materials will stand up to pretty much any rough and tough terrain you can throw at it meaning you don’t need to worry that the odd scuff with a rock will result in pack ending damage.
If you are in the market for a large capacity hiking pack that will last you year after year the BACJ journeyman 45 is well worth a look.
Specifications – BACH Journeyman 45:
- Volume: 45 l
- Weight: 1860 g
- Back Length: 54 cm
- Ventilated SHIELD PRO back system
- The firmly padded multilayer hip belt can be removed when not needed
- Wide opening front for ease of access
- The compression straps provide perfect side compression. When crossed over the front the same straps allow the attachment of a beach mattress or snowshoes.
- 3 elasticated mesh outside pockets
- Attachment points for hiking poles and ice axe
- Integrated rain cover (95g)
- Shield Pro Suspension - Designed for loads up to 18kg. Airy and Light: ventilated carrying system for all hiking and travel exploits. While providing maximum ventilation the BACH SHIELD PRO sits close to your back and offers the perfect balance: flexibility when you want it, rigidity when you need it.
- 500D / 420D Cordura® Fabric is a little lighter than the 1000D and still convinces with excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The yarn is air-texturised, thinner and the weaving is denser resulting in a matt and soft appearance. 420D RS is a CORDURA® Nylon fabric. The weaving technique produces great tensile strength for its weight. Furthermore, the tear propagation resistance of the one third lighter 420D fabric is even higher compared to the 1000D Cordura® fabric.