Our Review - Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles - 2018:
The Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles have been hugely popular with trail runners and fast and light hikers for many years and the latest updates are set to increase that even further.
The new Z-poles are the lightest folding poles in the Black Diamond range and are now even stronger with improved joint support for increased support and durability. Thus, the poles are 30% stiffer with reinforcements around the locking mechanism and upper shaft too.
The poles boast a full carbon construction and weigh only 265-295g depending on size. The three-section design can be rapidly deployed and folded away when not needed the take up very little space.
All-in-all the updated Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Poles are one of the best ultra-running and weight conscious adventurer pole out there.
Specifications - Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles - 2018:
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- More durable with added aluminum ring to protect carbon
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable design with speed-cone deployment
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Weight Per Pair:
- [100 cm] 265 g (9.3 oz)
- [110 cm] 275 g (9.7 oz)
- [120 cm] 285 g (10 oz)
- [130 cm] 295 g (10.4 oz)
- [100 cm] 100 cm (39 in)
- [110 cm] 110 cm (43 in)
- [120 cm] 120 cm (47 in)
- [130 cm] 130 cm (51 in)
- [100 cm] 33 cm (13 in)
- [110 cm] 36 cm (14 in)
- [120 cm] 40 cm (16 in)
- [130 cm] 43 cm (17 in)