It’s great to be finally looking forward to reopening on 12th April. It’s been a long time and we are really looking forward to seeing all our customers through the door.
We’ve spent much of the time whilst closed working stocking a great range of new gear. We’ve expanded the footwear selection, added some great new brands and we have been working very hard to get stock into the store following the ‘double whammy’ of Covid and Brexit import delays.
Of course, in the current climate safety is our first concern. We’re reopening and all the safety measures will be in place to make your visit safe, enjoyable and stress free. We’ve revisited all the guidance and we feel very happy that we’re doing the very best we can to stay safe:
- Hands - We’re asking everyone to use the hand sanitiser on entry
- Face - Wearing a face covering/mask is standard (unless exempt)
- Space - There’s a limit of 3 customers (or couples) in store and social distancing rules apply at all times in store (there’s signs to help)
- Ventilation – The doors and windows are all open – we can attest that there’s a stiff breeze through the shop!
- We’re following a regular cleaning and sanitising regime throughout the day and a fully daily clean
- Signs and staff – there’s plenty of signs to help and extra staff too.
Much as when we closed for the latest lockdown, we’re operating the store as before – 3 people (or couples) at a time, social distancing, hand sanitizing and plenty of space and fresh air. We hope this creates a pleasant and safe environment to shop in. With extra staff, we are here to help and we are really looking forward to seeing you!
Whilst we source ethically and locally where possible, the realities of modern outdoor gear means it’s made all over the world and many locations are still in the grips of Covid-19. We pride ourselves on stocking some of the best gear out there and once it’s manufactured it has to get to us! Along with delays in production, restrictions in container capacity there’s been massive challenges in the form of a whole raft new import procedures and paperwork for our suppliers and distributors. Delays have been significant but we are doing our absolute best to mitigate against them.
We look forward to seeing you from the 12th April – we’ll be open from 10:30am to 4:30pm 7 days a week from then!