Our View – Hanwag Banks II GTX
The Men’s Hanwag Banks II GTX has been tweaked and improved. It’s always been a popular boot with our customers as it’s a good price, looks great and is super-comfortable for most feet. It’s a soft but durable part leather upper that’s design for hillwalking and trekking. It’s popular because it’s lightweight and whilst it’s not built for all year, high end stuff, it covers most of the bases and will be the boot you do the most miles in!
The upper design has been tweaked, patterns changed and the mix of leather upper and tough cordura improved. The midsole and sole units have also been adjusted and generally, the Hanwag Banks II GTX looks even better and more suited to the role of one of our best sellers. All in all, if you are looking for a durable but lightweight walking boot, this is well worth a try.
Specifications - Hanwag Banks II GTX;
- Vibram high-end sole unit
- GTX - Patented ultra-lightweight microporous expanded PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) membrane. Durably waterproof and very breathable
- Air Pulse System - Increased comfort and enhanced air circulation due to a pumping action in the tongue and cushioning while walking.
- Resolable - Thanks to their cemented construction or double stitched construction our boots and shoes can be resoled as many times as required.
- Leather lacing tab: transfers lacing tensions to the back
- Rear Bumper - Raised sole at heel
- Bumper - Raised tip at front of sole
- Lightweight leather and Cordura® upper
- Weight in g (shoe size 7-7.5): 510
- Upper: Nubuck / Cordura®
- Sole: Vibram® Endurance
- Sole Features
- Good cushioning
- Good traction on softer ground (forests, grass, etc.)
- Very good flex
- Full-length cushioning
- Lining: GORE-TEX® laminate
- Gender: Men's
- Last: Normal fit
- Lace length: 180 cm, 6 mm