Our View - Hoka EVO Mafate 2 Men:
Hoka introduced the EVO Mafate last year and it has proven to be a hugely popular choice for a wide range of runners including previous users of Hoka shoes and those new to the brand. With a few subtle updates version 2 has been designed to take the ultimate endurance trail running shoe to the next level with the input of elite trail runners across the world.
With an entirely new upper, the EVO Mafate 2 which is made from lightweight, secure yet durable MATRYX fabric and features a breathable vamp for an improved fit and a soft, flexible feel.
Combining the superb combination of Hoka’s Meta-Rocker a super cushioned midsole the EVO is literally built from the ground up to cushion and support you in every step. On to the outsole and the 5mm Vibram Megagrip lugs have been so good, they have been left untouched.
Specifications - Hoka EVO Mafate 2 Men:
- Offset: 4 mm
- Weight: 292 g
- Patented MATRYX® technology offers a lightweight, durable and secure fit
- Breathable vamp provides a comfortable fit with improved forefoot flexibility
- Gussetted tounge prevents migration across the instep
- Early stage Meta-Rocker geometry optimizes heel-to-toe transitions
- Lightweight compressed EVA midsole provides comfort
- Rubberized foam midsole/ outsole provides responsiveness and resistance to compression
- Sculpted arch pod includes support for medial control
- 5mm Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole
- Sculpted, aggressive lugs for the most critical conditions
- Rubber composition for unparalleled grip on wet rocks