Our View - Hoka EVO Mafate Men:
The brand new Hoka EVO Mafate is named after one of the worlds most infamous location at one of the world’s wildest and toughest 100-mile races on Reunion Island, the EVO Mafate is designed to be the ultimate endurance trail running shoe.
Combining the superb combination of Hoka’s Meta-Rocker, Active Foot Frame, and a super cushioned midsole the EVO is literally built from the ground up to cushion and support you in every step.
Innovative technology includes a rubberised foam for enhanced responsiveness, grip and durability through the midsole. The patented MATRYX fabric upper provides exceptional foothold thanks to the strategically positioned Kevlar stabilizers that support the foot, as well as protection, and fast water drainage.
On to the outsole and the 5mm Vibram Megagrip lugs don’t disappointed ensuring a secure grip with every stride. All in all the new EVO Mafate is an excellent addition to the Hoka range building on the brands excellent reputation as the go to brand for maximal cushioning.
Specifications - Hoka EVO Mafate Men:
- Medium Fit
- Offset: 4 mm
- Forefoot: 29 mm
- Heel: 33 mm
- Weight: 270 g based on size EU 42 2/3 and may vary depending on size.
- Patented MATRYX® technology features Kevlar wires to optimize foot hold in strategic areas
- Non-wicking treated fabric optimizes water drainage
- High abrasion MATRYX® upper material that improves durability in any conditions
- Strategically padded microfiber tongue provides comfort right where you need it
- Early stage Meta-Rocker geometry which optimizes heel-to-toe transitions
- Lightweight compressed EVA top midsole provides underfoot comfort to get you through long hours on the trail
- Rubberised foam midsole/outsole provides responsiveness and resistance to compression
- Sculpted arch pod support for medial control
- 5mm Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole
- Sculpted, aggressive lugs to face the most critical conditions
- Rubber composition engineered for unparalleled grip on wet rocks