Our view - Hoka Speedgoat 2 Women:
Hoka have updated the ever popular Speedgoat and the changes appear to make an excellent fast trail running shoe even better! Aimed at ultra distance events or anyone looking for extra cushioning and protection the Speedgoat 2 is designed to take on and conquer any terrain.
Grip wise the Speedgoat utilises Vibram sticky rubber for a confident grip on rock and the layout of the lugs is ideal for rough, uneven terrain and pretty much anything you can throw at it. The Speedgoat 2 outsole is also designed to be more durable than its predecessor. This increased durability continues into the upper where the new model has been totally redesigned to offer a more supportive fit with stronger materials and design for an all-round more robust shoe.
The new Speedgoat 2 is built on a wider last with a wider midsole for a more stable platform for the foot. Hoka have also listened to wears feedback and introduced a wider toe box to allow for swell and maximise comfort during long runs. Despite all these improvements and increases in durability the Speedgoat 2 still weighs in at a very respectable 278g which considering the level of cushioning and protection offered is remarkable.
Specifications - Hoka Speedgoat 2 Women:
- Midfoot cage construction designed for stability and lockdown/foot capture
- Open engineered mesh construction to maximize breathability and support
- Reinforced speedframe construction for durability on the trail
- Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain
- CMEVA foam midsole absorbs impact points and offers stable footing
- Vibram MegaGrip hi-traction outsole with 5mm lugs
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
- New, more durable outsole design
- Medium Fit
- Responsive Ride
- Offset: 4 mm
- Forefoot: 26 mm
- Heel: 31 mm
- Weight: 233.00 g (EU 42 2/3)