Our View – Hoka Speedgoat 4 Men:
Ever since it was launched the Hoka Speedgoat has been a firm favourite in the range thanks to its racy feel combined with Hoka’s respected maximal cushioning and rocker in the midsole for protection and comfort.
The fourth edition has seen a few small changes to the previous models with a new more breathable, but durable mesh. There is also the addition of 3D printed overlays that are designed to improve midfoot hold without increasing weight. But possibly the most welcome change is a slightly wider toebox for a more accommodating fit which is especially important during ultra runs when your feet are likely to swell during the event.
Outsole wise the grip is designed to provide confidence both up and down hill and across multiple surfaces. All-in-all the Speedgoat 4 looks set to be a welcome improvement on what is already a hugely popular trail shoe for longer distance training and racing when you want extra cushioning and protection but don’t want to compromise on performance.
Specifications - Hoka Speedgoat 4 Men:
- Updated mesh upper provides breathability
- 3D printed overlays provide additional midfoot support and lockdown for a more secure feel
- Gusseted tongue features strategic cutouts for breathability
- Lacing eye-rows contain a small winged component to ensure a secure fit
- Midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit
- Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions
- 5mm "stepped" lugs offer additional support and stability
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability
- Weight - 306g
- Heel to toe drop - 4mm