Our View – Hoka Speedgoat 4 Wide Men:
Ever since it was launched the Hoka Speedgoat has been a firm favourite in the range thanks to its racy feel combined with Hoka’s respected maximal cushioning and rocker in the midsole for protection and comfort. One slight criticism of the previous models has been the slightly narrow last. Obviously, this is good for some people and not so good for others! So Hoka have addressed this by introducing a specific wide model which has a more accommodating fit which is especially important for those individuals with wider feet or those covering epic distances, day in day when your feet are likely to swell of the duration of the event.
The fourth edition has seen a few small changes to the previous models with a new more breathable, but durable mesh. There is also the addition of 3D printed overlays that are designed to improve midfoot hold without increasing weight.
Outsole wise the grip is designed to provide confidence both up and down hill and across multiple surfaces. All-in-all the Speedgoat 4 looks set to be a welcome improvement on what is already a hugely popular trail shoe for longer distance training and racing when you want extra cushioning and protection but don’t want to compromise on performance.
Specifications - Hoka Speedgoat 4 Wide Men:
- Updated mesh upper provides breathability
- 3D printed overlays provide additional midfoot support and lockdown for a more secure feel
- Gusseted tongue features strategic cut outs for breathability
- Lacing eye-rows contain a small winged component to ensure a secure fit
- Midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit
- Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions
- 5mm "stepped" lugs offer additional support and stability
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability
- Weight - 306g
- Heel to toe drop - 4mm