Our View – Hoka Speedgoat 4 Women:
The Hoka Speedgoat 4 is a maximally cushioned trail running shoe designed with ultra-running in mind. The Speedgoat is loved for its racy feel combined with Hoka’s high levels of protection, efficiency and comfort.
The latest edition sees a new more breathable, but durable mesh upper to enhance comfort in warmer conditions. Midfoot support has also been enhanced thanks to the new 3D printed overlays which improve the hold around the midfoot without increasing weight. But possibly the most welcome change is a slightly wider toebox for a more accommodating fit which is especially important during ultra runs when your feet are likely to swell during the event.
The outsole has a grip designed to perform a wide range of trail surfaces standing up well to rocks, grass and trails and pretty much everything in between/ The updates to the Speedgoat 4 look set to increase the popularity of a very impressive trail running shoe even further and is especially attractive to runners looking to increase their training and racing distance or just want or need extra cushioning and protection but don’t want to compromise on performance.
Specifications - Hoka Speedgoat 4 Women:
- Updated mesh upper provides breathability
- 3D printed overlays provide additional midfoot support and lockdown for a more secure feel
- Gusseted tongue features strategic cutouts for breathability
- Lacing eye-rows contain a small winged component to ensure a secure fit
- Midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit
- Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions
- 5mm "stepped" lugs offer additional support and stability
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability
- Weight - 263g
- Heel to toe drop - 4mm