Our View - Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP:
The Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP is an excellent update to the original low boot. We’ve sold the boot in our store and online, it works for anyone (runners and walkers alike) looking for a fast low boot, with cushioning and grip. There’s nothing quite like it around and if you think it will fit the bill for you, it probably will.
The Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP uses the excellent eVent waterproof lining to keep you feet dry. In a fast shoe we prefer the breathability and draining of mesh to waterproof linings but in a low boot like the Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP it’s perfect and eVent is one of the best linings to get.
Traction is excellent with the Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP too. Using a Vibram sole unit with moderate lugs, the Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP will cope with a lot. The Tor Speed 2 is also built to take the rough stuff – there’s a useful toe bumper and plenty of reinforcement for to cope with rocks on the trail.
Specifications - Hoka Tor Speed 2 WP:
- Fit: Medium
- Geometry - Offset: 5 mm / Forefoot: 28 mm / Heel: 33 mm
- Weight - Weight: 335.00 g (EU 42 2/3)
- Lightweight, No Sew Construction
- Gusseted Tongue Keeps Debris Out
- Waterproof eVent Bootie Construction
- Plush Ankle Collar Provides Comfortable Support
- Protective Rubber Toecap
- Injection Molded EVA Midsole
- Vibram® MegaGrip Hi-Traction Outsole
- 5mm Lugs