Our View – Icebug Capra M RB9X:
The Icebug Capra RB9X is one of the most sustainable trail running shoes around with the materials carefully chosen to minimize climate impact. It is also a very capable trail and mountain running shoe with excellent traction designed for mixed terrain runs such as woodland, rocks, mud and gravel.
The durable upper is lightweight and has a snug fit around the midsole to ensure a great hold on rough terrain but the roomy toe box allows your toes spread naturally. A protective mudguard around the shoe is designed to protect you against trail dangers that can damage the shoes upper or your foot. Furthermore, the forefoot Rock Shield provides protection from sharp rocks.
A dual density midsole has a 7mm drop that is protective, but performance orientated. The BUGforce EVA in the midsole has excellent cushioning and rebound properties making this an impact absorbing shoe but with excellent responsiveness too.
The outsole has a unique pattern with multi-directional lugs for optimal traction and the rubber compound from the benchmark traction rubber RB9X really excels on wet surfaces without compromising durability.
Specifications - Icebug Capra M RB9X:
- RB9X® rubber compound.
- Outsole pattern with multi-directional lugs.
- Midsole with Rock Shield, 360° Dual density rim and BUGforce.
- Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester.
- Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
- Removable insole with lightweight EVA and 20% BLOOM Foam, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
- Midsole compound made with 20% BLOOM® foam EVA.
- 15% recycled rubber in the outsole
- Weight:560 gram
- Drop:7 mm
- Regular fit last with straight big toe line and roomy toe box
- Usage: Orienteering, Running, Trail running
- Midsole: Dual Density midsole with 360° rim with higher density, 20% BLOOM Foam and Lightweight EVA. The centre part in is 20% BLOOM foam and BUGforce EVA. Rock Shield.
- Terrain: Forest roads, Mud, Trail, Wet rocks
- Torsion: MediumFlex
- Cushioning: Medium