Our View - Inov-8 Race UltraShell HZ:
The updated Inov-8 Race UltraShell HZ is Inov-8's lightest waterproof yet, taking the weight down to a virtually unnoticeable sub 100g. Made from ultra-lightweight 2.5-layer waterproof fabric with a rating of 1, HH, the jacket also has taped seams throughout meaning it is race equipment compliant.
Thanks to the transparent colour race numbers can be seen underneath without the need to remove it. Thanks to the breathability rating of 1, B-1 heat and moisture can exchange rapidly keeping you comfortable whatever the temperature.
Specifications - Inov-8 Race UltraShell HZ:
- Weight - 97g / 3.4oz
- Stay dry and protected - 2.5 layer waterproof fabric with a rating of 1, HH. Jacket also has taped seams throughout.
- Enjoy breathability - boasts a breathability rating of 1, B-1. This allows heat to move through the shell and helps runners regulate their body temperature.
- Run super-light and super-fast - Lightest jacket in the range at 97 grms. Barely feels like you’re wearing a waterproof shell.
- Easy to carry - Rolls up to a tiny ball and is then secured in place using an integrated elastic loop. Transparent fabric ensures race number worn underneath is always visible.
- Get ventilation - Dual centre front zipper can be opened for extra ventilation and direct airflow.
- Race ready - Fulfils all the criteria when race organisers rule a waterproof jacket must be carried as part of mandatory kit. Transparent fabric ensures race number worn underneath is always visible.