Our view - Inov-8 TerraUltra G 260:
Ground breaking on every level the brand new Inov-8 TerraUltra G 260 takes trail running footwear to new heights. The main focus for the release of Inov-8’s new range of highly durable, exceedingly grippy footwear has been the use of Graphene in the outsole rubber comping which has been tested as being 50% stronger, 50% more elastic and 50% harder wearing than traditional rubber outsoles.
As of this wasn’t a big enough talking point the TerraUltra is a completely new shoe for Inov-8 and their first venture in zero-drop highly cushioned footwear aimed at runners looking for a comfortable, responsive and efficient ride.
The Zero-drop encourages a natural running form which is highly efficient thanks to allowing maximal flexion at the ankle joint and encouraging a more forward running style. Add to this the toebox that is on the wider side and the Exterofit upper adapts that has been designed to work with your foots natural movement and tendency to swell when running over longer distances and you have an excellent ultra-running shoe.
Comfort extends below the upper as well with a 9mm stack height in the heel and forefoot to cushion impact. But the Exteroflow midsole material isn’t a super soft cushioning that means you lose feel for the ground, it is a responsive cushioning that provides just the right level of protection without compromising on performance.
Grip wise the tread pattern is best suited to harder packed trails or drier conditions but the use of Graphene ensures maximum traction on a wide range of terrain and the durability is exceptional. These shoes will run and run!
If you are looking for a highly durable, supremely cushioned trail running shoe for long distances or extra protection and comfort then the new Inov-8 TerraUltra G 260 is well worth a look. And don’t be put off by the zero-drop, the high levels of cushioning mean that adaptation to this is easier than you might think.
Specifications - Inov-8 TerraUltra G 260:
- WORLD’S TOUGHEST GRIP - Utilising the world’s strongest material, graphene-enhanced rubber is 50% stronger, 50% more elastic and 50% harder wearing.
- UNDERFOOT PERFECTION - New EXTEROFLOW midsole minimises shock impact and delivers high levels of energy return without compromising on ground feel.
- DURABLE LIGHTWEIGHT UPPER - A super-tough, breathable mesh with Kevlar overlays for increased durability.
- RUN IN COMFORT - EXTEROFIT upper adapts to the natural movement and swelling of the foot when running longer distances.
- RESPONSIVE - Dynamic Fascia Band (DFB) technology provides an underfoot kick of energy for faster, more efficient running.
- ZERO/0mm DROP - Midsole stack height 9mm heel / 9mm forefoot Zero drop promotes the best natural form for the athlete with largest range of motion in the ankle joint.
- RUN NATURAL - Next-generation META-FLEX - Grooves in the outsole and midsole provide underfoot multi-directional flexibility that allows you to adapt, react and grip to the terrain.
- Fit Scale - 4
- Drop - 0mm
- Footbed - 6mm POWER FOOTBED
- Lug Depth - 4mm
- Midsole - EXTEROFLOW
- Midsole Stack - Heel 9mm / Forefoot 9mm
- Shank - DFB
- Sole Compound - GRAPHENE GRIP
- Product Weight - 260g/ 9.17oz