Our view - Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 Men’s:
The Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 is an evolution of the extremely popular X-Claw 275 carrying over the endurance friendly wider fit, enhanced cushioning and 8mm heel to toe drop. Grip wise the Dual C Compound outsole is made from two different sticky rubbers designed to maximise grip and durability. With 8mm deep lugs the X-Talon Ultra will provide grip in the wettest and muddiest conditions.
Upper wise the X-Talon Ultra is made from hardwearing nylon with a DWR treatment to help repel water. A rand around the base enhances protection against rocks and trail debris. On to the midsole which is made from a responsive Powerflow material that cushions every step while the dynamic fascia band mimics the foots natural mechanism to propel you forward.
We are sure the X-Talon Ultra 260 is going to be as well received as the original X-Claw and in our location it is looking like the perfect all-terrain training and long distance racing shoe.
Specifications - Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 Men’s:
- Weight - 260g
- Fit Scale 4 (1 = Narrow, 5 = Wide)
- 8mm Lug Depth
- 8mm Drop
- Super durable nylon upper
- Gusseted Tongue to prevent debris entering the shoe
- Gaiter Hooks for secure Gaiter attachement
- DWR finish helps to repel water
- Randing enhances protection from rocks
- Powerflow Midsole for enhanced cushioning
- DFB Shank for improved energy return
- Dual C compound combines two different sticky rubbers for maximum grip & durability
- Meta Flex Groove in the forefoot for natural foot flexion