Our view - Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 Women’s:
The Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 builds on the huge success of the X-Claw 275 which proved to be the perfect shoe for a lot of people in our local Yorkshire Dales area thanks to its excellent grip and endurance friendly wider fit, enhanced cushioning and 8mm heel to toe drop.
Grip is provided via the Dual C Compound outsole which is made from two different sticky rubbers designed to maximise grip and durability. 8mm deep lugs mean the X-Talon Ultra will grips in the wettest and muddiest conditions.
Upper wise the X-Talon Ultra is made from hardwearing nylon with a DWR treatment to help repel water. A rand around the base enhances protection against rocks and trail debris. On to the midsole which is made from a responsive Powerflow material that cushions every step while the dynamic fascia band mimics the foots natural mechanism to propel you forward.
If you want a trail running shoe that is perfectly suited to challenging terrain and underfoot conditions then the X-Talon Ultra 260 is a great choice for training and long distance racing.
Specifications - Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 Women’s:
- Weight - 260g
- Fit Scale 4 (1 = Narrow, 5 = Wide)
- 8mm Lug Depth
- 8mm Drop
- Super durable nylon upper
- Gusseted Tongue to prevent debris entering the shoe
- Gaiter Hooks for secure Gaiter attachement
- DWR finish helps to repel water
- Randing enhances protection from rocks
- Powerflow Midsole for enhanced cushioning
- DFB Shank for improved energy return
- Dual C compound combines two different sticky rubbers for maximum grip & durability
- Meta Flex Groove in the forefoot for natural foot flexion