This website requires cookies to provide all of its features. To accept cookies from this site, please click the Allow button.
Kahtoola KTS Crampon
in-store price: £150.00
The Kahtoola KTS Crampons are steel hiking crampons with 1 inch points that are lightweight enough to stash in your pack yet durable enough to provide excellent traction on rugged terrain when needed.
Our View - Kahtoola KTS Crampon:
The Kahtoola KTS Crampons are made from strong chromoly steel with 1 inch points for excellent grip on challenging terrain. Weighing only 662g and folding neatly they are easy to carry with you and take up little room in your pack. The Leafspring flex bar combines multiple layers of thin hardened stainless steel to reduce stress and allows the crampons to flex naturally with your footwear for a natural feel. This also allows you to wear the crampons with any type of footwear rather than the traditional need for stiff footwear or the risk of breaking the solid crampon.
Specifications - Kahtoola KTS Crampon:
- Patented Leafspring Flex Bar - Most crampons are not made to flex and are designed for use with rigid boots. When used with flexible footwear, the extended bar can break due to the added stress for which the bars are not designed. In order to move fast and light in non-technical terrain, flexible footwear is key. A crampon that maintains the flexibility of the footwear while adding traction can be a huge benefit. Kahtoola invented the LeafSpring Flex Bar to solve this problem by combining multiple layers of thin hardened stainless steel in a novel way that reduces stress and provides an even flex that will last a lifetime.
- Folding Heel Support - Allows for optimum packability, keeping pack down size minimal.
- Independent front and rear binding.
- 1 inch spike length.
- 10 spikes per foot.
- Weight per pair 23.3oz. (662g).
- Pack sizes (8 x 3 ½ x 3 ½) 98 inches.
- 3 year warranty.
- Life time warranty on LeafSpring flex bar.
- 4130 Chromoly steel.