Our View - La Sportiva Cyklon:
Taking performance running shoes to the next level the La Sportiva Cyklon has been developed in collaboration with BOA Technology and the result is a striking, highly efficient trail running shoe with excellent fit and features designed to maximise performance and comfort.
Aimed at medium distances on technical terrain the Cyclon provides exceptional stability, precision and a perfect fit thanks to the new Dynamic Cage™ with the BOA™ Fit System. The design utilises 3 different elements of the upper to perfectly secure and support the foot for safe and precise downhill and off-camber running.
Central to the Cyklon design is the internal Dynamic Flap ™ which wraps around the foot precisely when the BOA® Fit System is activated. Adjustment of the fit is effortless with a single hand action ideal for quick changes in fit on the go if needed.
Not only is the upper designed to support, it is also highly protective thanks to the multi-layer, thermo-adhesive side panels that provide additional structure and impact protection and a TPU toecap to protect from front impact. The Spyral Tongue™ Evo is a great design that not only provides a really comfortable feel but also doubles as an integrated gaiter to keep debris out of the shoe.
Finally, the mud-ground tread, ideal for use on soft and muddy ground, is in ultra-grippy La Sportiva FriXion™ White compound and provides the possibility of integrating AT Grip Spike nails in case of use on icy ground. The double-density EVA midsole with stabilizer insert contributes to the overall stability and provides excellent cushioning and responsiveness without excess weight.
Take your trail running to the next level with this next level shoe from La Sportiva. The Cyklon is designed to take you wherever you want to go.
Specifications - La Sportiva Cyklon:
- Upper - Breathable anti-abrasion mesh with thermo-adhesive TPU reinforcements
- Lining - Mesh with high abrasion resistance
- Footbed - Ortholite Mountain Running
- Midsole - Memlex Eva with shock absorbing and double density injection with stabilizer insert
- Sole - FriXion White ultra adherent
- Drop - 7 mm
- Weight - 315 g (1/2 pair)
- Lacing - BOA® FIT SYSTEM – Dial into fast, effortless, precision fit
- Anti-abrasion breathable mesh upper with heat-adhesive TPU reinforcements on the areas most exposed to abrasion
- Shockproof protective TPU toe
- Ultra-grip FriXion™ White compound sole with mud-ground tread for use on soft and muddy terrains
- Spyral Tongue™ Evo: comfortably wrapping tongue construction with integrated heel-gaiter, ensuring a precise fit and no open spaces around the ankle: prevents the entry of outside’s elements and dynamically follows the runner’s movements.
- Lacing taking full advantage based on the BOA™ Fit System for perfect and immediate volume adjustment with one-hand movement.
- Dynamic Cage ™ construction: the BOA™ Fit System works in synergy with 3 different elements of the upper for the perfect fit and stability of the foot for a safe and precise downhill run.