Our View – La Sportiva Helios SR:
The La Sportiva Helios SR is an excellent lightweight, grippy trail running shoe. From the ground up the Helios SR is designed to help you perform to your best. The outsole is made from super sticky FriXion rubber that maximises your confidence on technical terrain and the EVA rock guard protects you against sharp rocks and trail debris.
The HyDrain upper is lightweight but durable and the mesh construction maximises breathability to keep your feet cool on hot days and drains water rapidly in the wet. With a 2mm heel to toe drop the Helios SR keeps you in contact with the ground giving excellent feedback. It also encourages a more forward running style which in turn improves economy, perfect for racing.
If you want a lightweight, nicely cushioned off-road running shoe for training and racing on mixed terrain, especially dry rocky conditions then the La Sportiva Helios SR is a great choice.
Specifications - La Sportiva Helios SR:
- Sticky FriXion® XF Rubber on the forefoot and resilient FriXion® AT Rubber on the heel
- Forefoot rock guard endurance platform for excellent protection on rocky terrain
- Highly breathable HyDrain mesh upper for superior draining and comfort
- WEIGHT: 8.10 oz (230g)
- LAST: Tempo 2
- FIT: Medium/Wide
- UPPER: HyDrain Mesh / Wicking EVA AirMesh / Poly Grid™ / TPU lacing harness
- LINING: Wicking EVA AirMesh (heel only)
- MIDSOLE: MorphoDynamic™ injection molded EVA / Endurance Platform EVA insert
- SOLE: FriXion® AT / VA Wave
- DROP: 2mm
- CUSHIONING: Midsole - 35A