Our View - La Sportiva Jackal Women’s:
The Jackal is designed for trail runners who are covering multi distances who are likely to tackle a ‘bit of everything’ on their runs. From tarmac to towpaths, all the way through to technical off road, rocky sections, the La Sportiva Jackal has features to make the best of all terrains. Alongside a quality upper that’s designed for comfort and breathability, the shoe features a technical midsole that offers superior cushioning (via Infinitoo high energy return system!) and a well-balance sole unit that offers moderate lugs and a good balance between durability and ‘stickiness’.
Specifications - La Sportiva Jackal Women’s:
- Infinitoo™ high energy return technology - exceptional cushioning - innovative EVA sole/midsole package with internal cushioning pads in high Energy return polyurethane Infinitoo™ Technology.
- Wide, comfortable fit designed for use in ultra-marathons
- Comfort fit - enveloping and soft elastic tongue for maximum freedom of movement with internal bellows to protect against stones and mud.
- Lacing - loops incorporated directly into the side panels of the uppers, a solution that facilitates the adaptation of volumes during long distance runs in which the foot tends to swell.
- Lateral Net-Mesh promotes ventilation and climate comfort.
- High-density EVA Rock-Shield for a more stable run with rock-guard effect.
- The Frixion Red tread with differentiated Impact Brake System lugs and longitudinal FLEX grooves enhances the flex of the sole along the fold lines.
- Lightweight, shock-resistant, thermo-shaped toecap
Uppers: Sandwich mesh (toe and tongue) ; thermo-adhesive TPU reinforcements ; side panels in mono-burr Nylon ; Lycra® cuff
Lining: Abrasion resistant micro-fiber
Footbed: Ortholite® Ergonomic
Midsole: EVA with polyurethane Infinitoo™ Technology ; rock-shield in high density EVA ; additional internal cushioning platform
Sole: Dual compound FriXion® Red with lateral IBS lugs
Weight: 300 g (half pair)