Our View - La Sportiva Lycan II:
With high level of cushioning thanks to the injected EVA and an outsole that provides excellent grip on a wide range of terrain from mud to rock and everything in between the La Sportiva Lycan II is a great choice for medium to long trail runs and races.
A traditional lacing system pulls the breathable mesh uppers that are reinforced with microfiber securely to provide a snug, comfortable fit with no movement to cause friction or rubbing even on the roughest terrain.
Outsole wise the Lycan II uses the same lug configuration as the hugely popular Mutant so you can be sure of a secure foothold wherever you place your foot. The difference between the two is in the rubber compound that is used; the Lycan uses the FriXion Blue as opposed to the FriXion White version the Mutant, which means an enhanced durability.
The Lycan II is a trail shoe with excellent cushioning, comfort and grip so if this sounds like the type of off-road shoe you’re looking for it should definitely be on you list.
Specifications - La Sportiva Lycan II:
- Mid long distance - Versatile shoes created for a number of off-road runs such as skyraces, mountain running and city park running. High level of stability, shock absorption and comfort.
- Mud Sole - These soles are particularly suited to racing on soft and muddy ground thanks to the width of the shoe and the distance of the lugs that make up the sole.
- Uppers - Breathable mesh with microfiber reinforcements with abrasion resistant coating + protective TPU toecap
- Lining - abrasion resistant mesh
- Footbed - 4 mm Ortholite® Mountain Running Ergonomic - with 2 different thickness. Both models are available in men and women version and differs for the materials’ densities.
- Midsole - Shock absorbing, injected EVA - High degree of cushioning and high elasticity of the fabric. These features assist “push off” during the propulsion phase while running, making these models who use injected midsoles, ideal for use on off-road trails. Furthermore, EVA Injected midsole drastically reduce the “squash” effect of the EVA over time, allowing the product to maintain the same features for its entire duration.
- Sole - FriXion® Blue with Impact Brake System - The La Sportiva FriXion® compound is the result of extensive R&D aimed at creating outsoles with parameters of grip and durability that respond to all types of use and terrain.
- Normal Volume - Snug fit but not constrictive shoe.
- Vegan Friendly
- Weight - 305 g (half pair)