Our View - La Sportiva Lycan II Women:
The La Sportiva Lycan II is a trail running shoe designed for medium to long distance training and racing. It has a high level of cushioning thanks to the injected EVA and the outsole provides excellent grip on a wide range of terrain from mud to rock and everything in between. Using the same lug configuration as the hugely popular Mutant you are sure to have grip when you need it but using a slightly different rubber compound (the FriXion Blue as opposed to the White version the Mutant) means the durability of the sole unit is enhanced.
The breathable mesh uppers are reinforced with microfiber and have an abrasion resistant coating for protection against trail damage. The traditional lacing system in easy and reliable to use and creates a sung, secure hold around the heel and midfoot.
If you are in the market for a highly durable trail shoe with excellent cushioning, comfort and grip then the La Sportiva Lycan II should definitely be on you list.
Specifications - La Sportiva Lycan II Women:
- Mid long distance - Versatile shoes created for a number of off-road runs such as skyraces, mountain running and city park running. High level of stability, shock absorption and comfort.
- Mud Sole - These soles are particularly suited to racing on soft and muddy ground thanks to the width of the shoe and the distance of the lugs that make up the sole.
- Uppers - Breathable mesh with microfiber reinforcements with abrasion resistant coating + protective TPU toecap
- Lining - abrasion resistant mesh
- Footbed - 4 mm Ortholite® Mountain Running Ergonomic - with 2 different thickness. Both models are available in men and women version and differs for the materials’ densities.
- Midsole - Shock absorbing, injected EVA - High degree of cushioning and high elasticity of the fabric. These features assist “push off” during the propulsion phase while running, making these models who use injected midsoles, ideal for use on off-road trails. Furthermore, EVA Injected midsole drastically reduce the “squash” effect of the EVA over time, allowing the product to maintain the same features for its entire duration.
- Sole - FriXion® Blue with Impact Brake System - The La Sportiva FriXion® compound is the result of extensive R&D aimed at creating outsoles with parameters of grip and durability that respond to all types of use and terrain.
- Normal Volume - Snug fit but not constrictive shoe.
- Vegan Friendly
- Weigh - 270 g (half pair)