Our View – La Sportiva Nucleo GTX - Men:
The La Sportiv Nucleo Boot is part of the new breed of hiking boots aimed at those looking for a lightweight, highly breathable but supportive and protective boot for faster paced hikes and multi-day treks.
At the centre of the Nucleo’s innovation is the Gore-Tex Surround waterproof membrane, that literally surrounds the entire foot including the whole of the upper and under the insole for full 360 degree waterproofing and breathability. When combined with the Nubuck leather and lateral Nano-Cell™ technology demonstrates superior breathability and moisture wicking. This makes the Nucleo especially suited to warmer climates and high paced activities.
La Sportiva have integrated the technology developed and refined in their trail running footwear to provide the Nucleo with the STB Control System™ which wraps around the midfoot to provide a snug, stable hold and prevent torsional forces when traversing uneven ground.
Utilising La Sportiva’s knowedge of climbing and grip, the Nucleo outsole is made from Vibram rubber for excellent sticky rubber that grips to rock and any terrain brilliantly. The outsole design is also specifically laid out to provide maximum traction on all types of ground from grass, to rock and mud. The Impact Brake System on the heel is taken from the La Sportiva mountaineering range and is designed to help maximise grip when descending.
If you are looking for a technical, high performance hiking boot that is lightweight, breathable and yet protective and supportive then the La Sportiva Nucleo is an excellent choice.
Specifications – La Sportiva Nucleo GTX - Men:
- Upper: Nubuck with Nano-Cells™ technology inserts + PU Leather toe cap and heel
- Lining: GORE-TEX® SURROUND™
- Midsole: Compression molded EVA with TPU inserts
- Sole: Vibram with Impact Brake System
- Weight: 460g/Boot
- The boot combines the leather of the uppers and the Nano-Cells™ technology breathable cells in a new way favouring the elimination of humidity and perfect climate control.
- Le Nano-Cells™ technology works in synergy with the innovative GORE-TEX® SURROUND™ membrane that enable unprecedented breathability thanks to the breathable surface that includes all the upper and the insole for a 360° breathability.
- STB Control System™: the upper wraps the midsole in the medial zone increasing torsion resistance and working in synergy to provide a comfortable, snug fitting and stable boot
- Vibram sole with impact Brake System inspired by the products in the mountaineering range.