Our View – La Sportiva Nucleo GTX - Women:
The La Sportiv Nucleo Boot is a perfect blend of innovation and tradition which makes a booth that is aimed at those looking for a lightweight, highly breathable yet supportive and protective boot for faster paced hikes and multi-day treks.
Central to the Nucleo’s innovation is the Gore-Tex Surround waterproof membrane, which sits around the whole of the upper and under the insole providing full 360 degree waterproofing and breathability. When combined with the Nubuck leather and lateral Nano-Cell™ technology the combination provides exceptional breathability and moisture wicking capabilities.
Utilising technology developed and refined from their trail running range La Sportiva have integrated the STB Control System™ into the Nucleo which wraps around the midfoot to provide a snug, stable hold and prevent torsional forces when traversing uneven ground.
Grip wise La Sportiva have drawn from their climbing heritage to ensure the Nucleo outsole provides excellent grip on any terrain. The Vibram rubber grips to rock and any terrain brilliantly and the outsole design is also specifically laid out to provide maximum traction on all types of ground from grass, to rock and mud. The Impact Brake System on the heel is taken from the La Sportiva mountaineering range and is designed to help maximise grip when descending.
If you are looking for a technical, high performance hiking boot that is especially suited to warmer climates and high paced activities then the lightweight, breathable and yet protective and supportive La Sportiva Nucleo is an excellent choice.
Specifications – La Sportiva Nucleo GTX - Women:
- Upper: Nubuck with Nano-Cells™ technology inserts + PU Leather toe cap and heel
- Lining: GORE-TEX® SURROUND™
- Midsole: Compression molded EVA with TPU inserts
- Sole: Vibram with Impact Brake System
- Weight: 410g/Boot
- The boot combines the leather of the uppers and the Nano-Cells™ technology breathable cells in a new way favouring the elimination of humidity and perfect climate control.
- Le Nano-Cells™ technology works in synergy with the innovative GORE-TEX® SURROUND™ membrane that enable unprecedented breathability thanks to the breathable surface that includes all the upper and the insole for a 360° breathability.
- STB Control System™: the upper wraps the midsole in the medial zone increasing torsion resistance and working in synergy to provide a comfortable, snug fitting and stable boot
- Vibram sole with impact Brake System inspired by the products in the mountaineering range.