Our View - La Sportiva TX5 GTX:
The La Sportiva TX5 GTX is a mid-height protective walking boot with an excellent fit and waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
It is designed as an approach boot for walkers and backpackers with heavy loads. The boot is secure and protective providing excellent support for challenging days on the trails. The soft Nubuck leather uppers are comfortable and provide excellent protection against abrasion and the addition of the protective rand and toe cap prevents hits from stones and debris.
The high cuff protects against stones and mud ingression while the 3D Flex System allows for a great underfoot feel while maintaining freedom of movement. Outsole wise, the Vibram MegaGrip compound with differentiated lugs and Impact Brake System enhances shock absorption and ensures a solid footing on all types of terrain. The TX5 is an ideal choice for both hikers and general mountain enthusiasts.
Specifications - La Sportiva TX5 GTX:
- Upper - Nubuck + protective rubber rand and toe cap
- Lining - Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort
- Midsole - Midsole stabilizer in injected, shock absorbing EVA with STB Control inserts.
- Footbed - 4mm Ortholite Approach
- Sole - Vibram MegaGrip
- Weight - 530g half pair, size 42
- Soft and comfortable, Nubuck uppers
- Protective leather rand and toe cap for maximum abrasion resistance
- Super grippy Vibram MegaGrip compound with Impact Brake System and differentiated lugs that enhance traction uphill and provide a sure grip downhill.
- Protective cuffed derived from the Trango Family
- 3D Flex system provides protection, freedom of movement and precision
- Stabilizer ideal for extended use
- Differentiated lacing system: hooks in the top half and laces in the bottom section.