Our View - Lightwave Fastpack 40:
The Lightwave Fastpack 40 is a light but rugged pack that’s constructed to be tough and durable. Looking around the Lightwave Fastpack 40 we really like the simple design that’s got all the essentials and none of the fuss. It’s a light pack and the Lightwave Fastpack 40 is focused on trekkers and long distance walkers looking for a pack that will be a staid companion through many walks and in all kinds of terrain and weather conditions.
One thing we really like about the Lightwave Fastpack 40 is that many of the critical seams are taped and some efforts have been made to keep the pack as waterproof as possible. Whilst making a pack waterproof is not possible and is not practical, weatherproofing is always appreciated and clearly the Lightwave Fastpack 40 is designed for use in the roughest of conditions as well as fair weather.
Another clever design feature that saves weight is the back system. Clearly a lot of development has gone into making the back system as comfortable, functional and lightweight as possible. Lightwave have designed a back system that uses two titanium staves to give the back structure. The staves can be bent into shape and allow the fit to be tweaked. The back length on the Lightwave Fastpack 40 make it ideal for most people – between 165cm and 178cm.
Specifications - Lightwave Fastpack 40:
- Capacity - 40 litres
- Load - 9 - 12 kg (20 kg max)
- Back length - Unisex 1 (45 cm)
- Weight - 1.12 kg
- Watertight external lid pocket
- Internal sleeve for hydration bladder
- 2 x ice-axe/walking-pole holders
- Stash side pockets made from stretch-mesh
- Side-compression straps
- Watertight construction
- 2 x 7.00 mm pre-curved malleable titanium stays
- Single-piece back panel moulded from EVA foam
- Lightweight hip-belt with dual adjustment
- Fixed back length
- 420d Dynatech fabric on back panel and structural areas
- 300d micro-ripstop polyester on main front areas
- 40d ripstop nylon internal fabrics
- Soft-touch, moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric on body contact areas