Our View - Lightwave Fastpack 50:
Lightweight and durable, the Lightwave Fastpack 50 is part of Lightwave’s excellent Fastpack series that’s designed around an ultralight structure with durable, weather proof materials.
Many of the seams around the front of the Lightwave Fastpack 50 are taped or welded making this a weatherproof (if not waterproof pack). It’s designed for all weathers and all seasons and so it’s water resistant nature and larger capacity make it ideal for the mountain enthusiast looking to carry more kit.
With its 50L capacity, the Lightwave Fastpack 50 has an excellent yet simple back system. It’s core is two titanium staves that slot into the back and can be bent into the most comfortable position. With a single piece molded EVA foam back panel and a unique multi-point hip belt that pulls in the load from the front and rear of the base of the pack to twin padded fins.
All in all, if you are looking for a lightweight pack that’ll be durable and long-lived, it’s well worth considering the Fastpack 50.
Specifications - Lightwave Fastpack 50:
- Capacity - 50 litres
- Load - 9–15 kg (25 kg max)
- Back length - Unisex 2 (48 cm) / Height range: 5’9” – 5’10” (165 – 178 cm)
- Weight - 1.15 kg
- Watertight external lid pocket
- Internal sleeve for hydration bladder
- 2 x ice-axe/walking-pole holders
- Stash side pockets made from stretch-mesh
- Side-compression straps
- Watertight construction
- 2 x 7.00 mm pre-curved malleable titanium stays
- Single-piece back panel moulded from EVA foam
- Lightweight hip-belt with dual adjustment
- Fixed back length
- 420d Dynatech fabric on back panel and structural areas
- 300d micro-ripstop polyester on main front areas
- 40d ripstop nylon internal fabrics
- Soft-touch, moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric on body contact areas