Our View – Lightwave T10 Raid:
The Lightwave T10 Raid is the lightest tent in the Lightwave range but this is a company that are not willing to compromise on quality and as such although lighter fabrics are available they have chosen to stick at 20 denier yarn to maintain a high degree of strength and longevity (depending on use Lightwave suggest 5-10 years life).
The raid is still able to handle adverse weather extremely well making the Raid suitable for 4-seasons use although you may find you need a warmer sleeping bag for winter use. The T10 is a single person tent with a tunnel design and is pitched inner first. This is an ideal single person tent for epic hiking and cycling adventures and weighing less than 1.5kg
Specifications - Lightwave T10 Raid
- Length – 225cm
- Width – 90 cm
- Height – 100cm
- Porch – 100cm
- 1 Persons
- Weight – 1.45kg
- Packed size – 40 x 15 cm
- Flysheet - 45 g/m2, 20d nylon 6.6 ripstop, silicone-coated both sides, 3000 mm hydrostatic head - The raid flysheet is made from high-tenacity 20-denier nylon, which has comparable tear resistance to our 30 and 40 denier fabrics, but ultimately will not last as long in prolonged exposure to UV. Like all Lightwave tent flysheets it is silicone-coated on both sides (for water-resistance). Silicone coatings maintain the inherent strength of the fabric, whereas the conventional polyurethane (PU) coatings typically used on most tents reduce the tear strength by up to 70%.
- Groundsheet - 70 g/m2, 50d nylon taffeta, 3-pass PU-coated; 5000 mm hydrostatic head, factory-taped seams - The raid groundsheet is made from a lightweight 50-denier taffeta (plain weave) nylon. The 50-denier fabric is a reasonable balance between the need to save weight and provide adequate protection from abrasion and moisture. With most of our tents, we don’t generally advocate the use of a footprint, but on the raid tents, we recommend this where it is appropriate to do so – in other words, when you know ground conditions are going to be harsh, or weight being carried (a footprint is an additional 200 g) is not quite so critical.
- Inner canopy - 25g/m2, 15d nylon 6.6 ripstop, DWR treated
- Poles - DAC 8.84 mm Featherlite (aluminium alloy) - We use the DAC Featherlite poles on the raid tents simply because these have proved themselves time and again as the most reliable of the lighter weight alloys (ie non 7001-T6 alloy which is employed in probably 90% of all backpacking tents in the world.)
- Pegs - Lightning pegs, 11 g each, square section; Flash pegs, 7 g each, rectangular section - Pegs are very important – without them, no tent could withstand anything more than the slightest breeze. Raid tents use our Lightning peg – similar in weight to most standard pegs, but substantially stronger and capable of living with some serious abuse. Costing four times as much as normal wire pegs, these are seldom seen on all but the most highly specified and expensive tents. Supplementing these for non-critical peg-points are our Flash pegs (which are literally “half a Lightning peg”).
- Guylines - 2.00 mm nylon, 3 m length, Linelok adjusters - Raid guylines are made of standard 2.0 mm nylon. They work, and with our Linelok adjusters they work and adjust very well.