Our View - Lightwave Wildtrek 60:
The Lightwave Wildtrek 60 is part of the larger capacity Lightwave Wildtrek range of rucksacks that are designed for multi-day mountain trekking. Like the rest of the Lightwave range of packs that Lightwave Wildtrek 60 is constructed with clever materials and lightweight, innovative designs.
The Lightwave Wildtrek 60 is a two compartment pack. It’s lower compartment is designed for dry storage and can be accessed separately. The pack can also be unsplit into one single compartment too and along with the rest of the Lightwave range, the Lightwave Wildtrek 60 has taped and welded seams in strategic places to minimise water getting into the rucksack.
Being a 60 Litre rucksack, the Lightwave Wildtrek 60 is designed to carry heavier loads and the full back system reflects this. It’s titanium alloy frame gives the pack structure whilst a full padded hip belt system (that’s designed to wrap around the waist and compress the load into the back) is totally adjustable and very comfortable.
At this capacity back length is important and the Lightwave Wildtrek 60 offers two fits – a M2 (167-180cm) and M3 (180-193cm). In the main the M2 fit is ideal for average height males.
Specifications - Lightwave Wildtrek 60:
- Capacity - 60 litres
- Load - 12–15 kg (30 kg max)
- Back length - M2 (50 cm) / M3 (55 cm)
- Weight - 1.48 kg
- Watertight external lid pocket
- Separate base compartment accessed from base
- Internal sleeve for hydration bladder
- 2 x ice-axe/walking-pole holders
- Stash side pockets made from stretch-mesh
- Side-compression straps
- Watertight construction
- Full 8.00 mm pre-curved 7001-T6 aluminium frame
- Single-piece back panel moulded from EVA foam
- Dual-element stiffened hip-belt with double adjustment
- Fixed back length (each model available in two sizes)
- 420d Dynatech fabric on back panel and structural areas
- 300d micro-ripstop polyester on main front areas
- 40d ripstop nylon internal fabrics
- Airmesh on all body contact areas