Our View - Merrell Zion MID GX Men:
The Merrell Zion is a really comfortable and surprisingly robust walking shoe and this is in part down to Merrell combining their trail running knowledge into the boots midsole unit with a robust ballistic mesh and leather upper. Add to this a GTX membrane to keep your feet dry and comfortable and the excellent Vibram Megagrip outsole with 5mm deep lugs and you have a really solid everyday walking boot.
A Mid height adds a little extra protection for those we like a little ankle support but don’t want the restriction of a full height boot and also adds a little extra protection when you hit those puddles and areas of wetness.
The Merrell Zion Mid GTX is not only a hugely reliable walking boot it also really good looking and you can feel comfortable wearing it as an around town boot on wet days if you want some extra comfort and dry feet!
Specifications - Merrell Zion MID GX Men:
- GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance
- Waterproof full grain leather and mesh upper
- Metal eyelets and webbing loops for secure lacing
- Breathable mesh lining
- Bellows tongue keeps debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Kinetic Fit™ BASE removable contoured insole for flexible support
- EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort
- Dual-density EVA foam pods in rearfoot and forefoot provides extra cushioning
- Lightweight FlexPlate™ technology provides torsional rigidity
- Vibram® Megagrip
- 5mm lug depth