Our View - Merrell Zion MID GTX Women:
The Merrell Zion has to be one of the comfiest hiking shoes we’ve ever tried and that is thanks to Merrell utilising their trail running knowledge and building the boot on around a trail running platform. But don’t think comfort means the boot compromises on quality and durability, with a tough ballistic mesh & durable leather upper the Zion can stand up to some pretty challenging conditions. Add to that the GTX membrane and you can be assured of dry, comfortable feet all day long.
Grip wise the Zion Mid has a Vibram Megagrip outsole for reliable traction on a wide range of terrain. The Mid height boot adds a little extra protection for those we like a little ankle support but don’t want the restriction of a full height boot.
Not only is the Merrell Zion Mid a hugely reliable walking boot it also has amazingly good looks meaning this is a boot you can happily wear around town on wet days if you want some extra comfort and dry feet!
Specifications - Merrell Zion MID GTX Women:
- GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance
- Waterproof full grain leather and mesh upper
- Metal eyelets and webbing loops for secure lacing
- Breathable mesh lining
- Bellows tongue keeps debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Kinetic Fit™ BASE removable contoured insole for flexible support
- EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort
- Dual-density EVA foam pods in rearfoot and forefoot provides extra cushioning
- Lightweight FlexPlate™ technology provides torsional rigidity
- Vibram® Megagrip
- 5mm lug depth