Our Review - Montane Men’s Minimus Jacket:
The Montane Minimus Jacket is an ultralightweight (approx.188g) waterproof, highly breathable trail running jacket with a great fit. It’s highly packable, into its own pocket meaning you can quickly and easily stash it in your pack to take with you if the weather looks unpredictable.
The Pertex shield material feels super lightweight but is surprisingly durable and provides excellent waterproof protection while keeping you dry from the inside when you start to work up a sweat.
Fit wise the Minimus Jacket has a close but nit restrictive fit with articulated sleeves helping the jacket to move with you as you traverse the great outdoors. A large chest pocket can accommodate an OS size map and the fully adjustable hood can be worn over a helmet and rolled away when not needed.
If you are looking for a super lightweight, highly versatile trail running and fast and light mountain activity jacket then the Montane Minimus is a great choice. It’s stood the test of time in the Montane range and it’s sure to keep you going for many years.
Specifications - Montane Men’s Minimus Jacket:
- Fully adjustable hem to reduce heat loss
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible roll-away hood with wired peak
- Mesh-lined, map-sized YKK chest pocket with YKK Aquaguard zip
- Stuffs away into own chest pocket
- PERTEX SHIELD - 15 Denier Pertex Shield with Dry Touch backer, with 40 Denier ripstop yarn - lightweight waterproof protection whilst remaining highly breathable. Designed for intense mountain pursuits where weight and breathability are key, Pertex® Shield fabrics allow you to move fast and stay comfortable.
- Refinement of style lines and updated trim
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring
- Adjustable velcro cuffs
- 360 'DUSK TILL DAWN' reflectivity