Asolo Cerium GV Men
Our View – Asolo Cerium GV Men:
The Asolo Cerium CG is a light hiking boot with excellent comfort, protection and a striking design.
With an upper made from water-resistant suede which offers protection, support, comfort and performance the Asolo Cerium also utilises a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Footwear lining to guarantee waterproofness and breathability in any weather.
We’ve found the cerium to be a really dynamic feeling boot and this is part due to the lasting board (sole unit) that is slightly more flexible and lighter compared to many hiking boots to allow your foot to flex naturally as you walk.
Cushioning is taken care of via a midsole engineered with two different densities of EVA to provide exceptional comfort over long durations and mixed terrain. Grip wise Asolo have worked in collaboration with Vibram to develop the Duo Radiant outsole which utilises Vibram’s MegaGrip Compound for exceptional grip in both wet and dry conditions and the outsole design is such that traction is confident wherever you place your foot.
We think the Asolo Cerium is a brilliant lightweight boot that provides more support and protection than many boots significantly heavier. If you’re looking for a durable, reliable hill walking boot then it’s well worth a try.
Specifications - Asolo Cerium GV Men:
- UPPER: Water-resistant suede mm 1,6-1,8
- LINING: Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Footwear - offers optimal heat retention to keep you dry & comfortable during a wide range of conditions and outdoor activities.
- LASTING BOARD: Asoflex 00 MR
- ANATOMIC FOOTBED: Lite 2
- SOLE: Asolo/Vibram® Duo Radiant (Megagrip)(rubber-dual density EVA) - The midsole is named Duo Radiant, as it is constructed with two different EVA densities. The top is more compact to improve stability. The lower part is made with a softer material for shock absorption. The lower density (softer) stretches from the heel to the toe to offer maximum comfort during the activity.
- FIT Technology - Asolo pays particular attention to the natural flex of the foot while also making sure that performance and comfort of its footwear is maximized. For this reason, the new Asolo collection has been developed using 16 different lasts, each one with specific anatomical features sculpted to match defined and user criteria and fit characteristics.
- DUO RADIANT OUTSOLE - Project developed in conjunction with Vibram®. The outsole design offers outstanding performance and grip. The aggressive heel cleats combined with Aso-brake enhance the grip on descents. The bold design on the inside lateral part offers increased support and control of pronation. Developed with Vibram® Megagrip compound assuring maximum grip on wet surfaces and durability.
- VIBRAM Megagrip offers excellent grip properties on both dry and wet terrains while maintaining a higher level of durability. Developed for the user who frequently encounters slippery surfaces, VIBRAM Megagrip is suitable for trekking and multisport as well as all season hiking and travel. Megagrip offers an incomparable combination of grip and durability which helps define VIBRAM Megagrip as the ideal high-performance rubber compound for extremely demanding activities
- WEIGHT: 570 (g) (1/2 pair size 8 UK)