Our View – On Running Cloudventure Men:
On Running shoes are unique in their method of providing cushioning which also gives them a standout look. The shoes cushioning is provided primarily by the ‘clouds’ or lugs on the shoes sole unit which absorb impact and then actively propel you forwards into your next step. The Cloudventure model features 11 such lugs which are specifically positioned and constructed to be highly effective at absorbing horizontal forces as well as vertical and thus make them excellent for downhill running. We have found the cushioning to work extremely well and you really feel a spring in your stride with every step.
The Cloudventure has the grip to stand up to most trail conditions and excels on rocky technical terrain as well as being very good in wet conditions. In fact, it is comfortable in all but the deepest, wettest mud. This is thanks to the Grip-Rubber profile that incorporates four distinct grip elements. The first is an all over ‘Base Grip’ with a triangular pattern of sticky rubber that ensures grip wherever your foot strikes. Secondly there are arrow-shaped lugs which provide immediate grip on impact and these are supported by crystal shaped elements on the heel and toe that transfer you efficiently from landing to push-off. Finally, there are ‘shark-teeth’ grips on the edge of the sole to ensure you have grip wherever you land and however fast you change direction.
The Cloudventure has been designed to provide protection from the rough terrain. The specifically designed midsole or ‘Speedboard’ provides excellent protection from rocks whilst ensuring your foot moves through its natural range without impedance. Rising from the sole is a durable but flexible rubber protection cage which is complemented by the robust toecap. Each of which provide excellent protection without excess weight or loss of flexibility or comfort.
With regards to comfort the Cloudventure is luxurious offering an excellent fit without constriction. The upper comprises 2-layers with the first being a close-fitting sock like element that hugs the foot allowing you corner and contour with confidence. The second is a lightweight, breathavle mesh with reinforced elements to provide support.
All-in-all the Cloudventure is a superb all round trail running show with high levels of comfort, cushioning and protection in a responsive package. The 6mm heel to toe drop is a great level of most runners and provides a close to the ground feel without being too low. This is a great shoe for anyone who runs multi-terrain and is looking for a high quality, well-constructed and though out shoe.
Specifications – On Running Cloudventure Men:
- Micro-engineered Grip-Rubber profile. 1) Base Grip over the entire sole unit with an extruded triangular pattern made from sticky rubber. 2) Impact & Push-off Grip from arrow shaped lugs on the heel and mid foot ensure maximum grip on impact. 3) Directional Grip from crystal shaped elements on the toe and heel for grip and stability. 4) Side Grip from shark-teeth grips on the side of the sole for grip even when cornering.
- Light, breathable 2-layer upper for support and comfort.
- 11 individual cloud pods of CloudTec cushioning providing excellent impact protection and shock absorption on descents.
- Progressive lacing on a slight diagonal for a secure, no pressure point fastening that works with your foots natural motion.
- Lightweight rubber toecap
- Reflective strips for enhanced visibility
- Extended rubber heel cage and side protection
- Antimicrobaial sock with no-sew construction
- Speedboard with additional protection for the trails
- 6mm Heel to toe Drop
- Weight 295g / 10.1 oz (US 8.5)