Our View – On Running Cloudventure Midtop Women 2018:
We’ve stocked the men’s version of the On Running Cloudventure Midtop before and it proved really popular with our customers and as the standard Cloudventure range is a hit with our female customers we have introduced the ladies Midtop this year.
The Cloudventure Midtop features the same brilliantly effective ‘Cloud’ cushioning system as all On Running shoes have which provides a unique impact absorption and propulsion system that perfectly cushions every step. In addition to the standard vertical impact absorption the trail shoes in the range also provide horizontal impact absorption which really helps to control downhill efforts.
The upper of the Cloudventure Midtop features a brilliantly engineered two-layer design with the inner layer featuring the newly designed sock liner which this year features a split design to allow easier on and off access. The sock liner hugs the foot perfectly providing comfort and support and its extended height to just around the ankle increases the feeling of support on uneven terrain as well as maximising protection from trail debris getting inside. The outer layer is a lighter weight, breathable material with a DWR treatment to help shed water.
The Midtop is the most durable and protective shoe in the On Running range and features a reinforced rubber rand around the base of the upper and over the toe cap to help prevent injur from stones, rocks and roots. In addition the midsole includes On Runnings most protective materials in the form of the ‘Speedboard’ but without feeling too stiff or interfering with your foots natural motion.
Grip wise we have been really impressed with the traction provided by the whole Cloudventure range and they perform exceptionally on wet, muddy trails as well as hard, rocky terrain. These shoes really can take you anywhere and they are not averse to a bit of tarmac either! The grip is down to the outsole being made from four different elements; an all over ‘Base Grip’ made from sticky rubber with a triangular pattern maximising grip wherever your foot strikes, Crystal and arrow shaped lugs combine to provide instant grip on foot strike and a secure transition to push-off and finally there are ‘shark-teeth’ grips on the edges to help keep grip when cornering or contouring.
If you are looking for a really supportive, protective and comfortable trail running shoe then the New On Running Cloudventure Midtop is a really good place to start. Protection without feeling cumbersome!
Specifications – On Running Cloudventure Midtop Women 2018:
- NEW – Extra extended split sock liner for easy on/off.
- Micro-engineered Grip-Rubber profile. 1) Over the entire sole unit there is a ‘Base Grip’ with an extruded triangular pattern made from sticky rubber. 2) Impact & Arrow shaped lugs on the heel and mid foot ensure maximum grip on impact and push-off. 3) Crystal shaped elements on the toe and heel for grip and stability. 4) Extra grip whilst cornering from the shark-teeth lugs on the side of the sole.
- Extended 2-layer upper for support and comfort.
- CloudTec cushioning providing excellent impact protection and shock absorption on descents. 11 ‘cloud’ lugs.
- Lacing is slightly diagonal for a secure, no pressure point fastening that works with your foots natural motion.
- Lightweight rubber toecap
- Reflective strips for enhanced visibility
- Extended rubber heel cage and side protection
- Antimicrobaial sock with no-sew construction
- Speedboard with additional protection for the trails
- 6mm Heel to toe Drop
- Weight 245g / 9.5 oz (US W 7)