Our View - On Running Cloudventure Women 2019
The original On Cloudventure took as a little by surprise with its versatility and ability to take on pretty much any terrain in confidence which resulted in it being a huge hit with our customers. Building on this success and taking on board the feedback of wears On have released an updated version which features more substantial ‘clouds’, clever downhill cushioning and reinforced randing around the excellent mesh upper that has been retained from the original.
Starting with the biggest alteration, the new Cloudventure features a totally redesigned outsole with a design that has been termed ‘Mission Control’. The design incorporates multiple grip patterns for maximal grip on changeable terrain. The lugs (created by the clouds) are deeper than the previous model and also substantially more solid meaning they provide a more stable base, durability and increased longevity.
Add to the Mission Control layout a sticky ‘Missiongrip’ rubber and you have a trail shoe that will help you cover wet, muddy, rocky trails with confidence. The ‘Clouds’ on the original Cloudventure provided a great level of cushioning but a little light on the high levels of durability needed when taking on really rough terrain. On Running have addressed this by ‘beefing’ up the thickness of each cloud and in some cases completely filling them in to improve stability, strength and durability.
The next big update is the introduction of a clever downhill specific cushioning which positions a layer of Missiongrip over the Zero Gravity Clouds to increase traction, responsiveness and impact protection however fast and had you choose to descend.
There is no doubt that the original Cloudventure was a success, and the updated version looks set to increase the shoes popularity to those who previously felt it was too stripped back with minimal protection and durability for full off-road running.
Specifications – On Running Cloudventure Women 2019:
- Mission Control - Don't let the elements mess with your mountain mission. The Missiongrip™ outsole combines multiple grip patterns so you keep control in changeable conditions.
- Traction pattern - The "sticky" grip of the specially developed Missiongrip™ rubber is further enhanced by an improved traction pattern. Zig-zag channels combine with flatter details that prevent slipping on smoother surfaces.
- Clever downhill cushioning - Fusing Zero Gravity Cloud elements with the specially selected Missiongrip™ overlay adds trail-level toughness to the unmistakeable sensation of running on clouds. Which means you can truly own the downhill, again and again.
- The upper to take you higher - The technical engineered mesh upper delivers targeted ventilation for cooling comfort, as tested on tough Alpine climbs.
- 6mm Heel to toe Drop
- Weight 225 g | 7.9 oz (US W 7)