Our Review – Osprey Stratos 36:
The Osprey Stratos 36 is a larger capacity, highly featured hiking pack which offers an impressively comfortable fit, with an ergonomically shaped hipbelt, harness, yoke and backpanel.
Designed around the innovative AirSpeed™ ventilated back system and incorporates Osprey's AntiGravity™ technology which combines a single piece construction of the backpanel and hipbelt with highly breathable suspended mesh. This allows for increased comfort in warm weather, even with a heavy load.
With a classic styling and clean design, alongside an impressively comfortable carry the Stratos 36 is a firm favourite for walkers and hikers who are looking for a ventilated daypack with enough capacity for lightweight camping equipment and overnight gear, or plenty of extra layers and equipment for when the weather is changeable.
The detachable raincover stored in the bottom pocket increases weather resistance and tough nylon fabrics ensure durability. Stratos 36 features a double-clipped lid opening with draw-cord fastening, a large, easy access pocket in the lid and a vertically zipped expansion pocket on the front which is perfect for securely storing a jacket or spare layer for easy access. The side of the pack has a single vertical zip which allows access directly into the main compartment, saving you from having to open the lid top. The base of the pack also features a zippered sleeping bag compartment with a bellowed divider, designed to allow easy separation of equipment. Stratos 36 is the perfect pack for long days on winding trails or lightweight overnight trips in warm weather.
Specifications – Osprey Stratos 36:
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Dimensions (CM): 69L / 33W / 32D
- Fabric: 210D Nylon Crosshatch
- Internal key attachment clip
- Under lid zipped mesh pocket
- Twin zippered hipbelt pockets
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Single ice axe loop
- Side compression straps
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Base zip entry
- Single vertical zippered side access point
- Vertical centred zippered pocket
- Adjustable AirSpeed™ ventilated trampoline suspended mesh backpanel
- Adjustable torso length
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Integrated & detachable raincover
- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment
- Top lid access