The Paramo Fuera Windproof Smock
, made from Nikwax® Windproof, is lightweight, windproof, rapid drying and offers maintainable water-repellency when treated with Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In. Ideal when combined with a Páramo Cambia base layer or Reversible Shirt for temperate days where breathability and flexibility are more important than total waterproofing. Extremely tough and durable fabric suited to all outdoor activities.
Our View: The Paramo Fuera windproof smock
is one of the best options for active users, lightweight buffs and those looking for a truly breathable jacket. What sets Paramo Fuera smock (and its jacket counterpart - the Paramo Fuera Peak jacket) apart is the balance achieved between breathability, water resistance and weight. In our opinion, if you have a waterproof jacket already, a durable, breathable windproof offers a much more flexible alternative than a lightweight shell jacket for the spring/summer/autumn months and can offer a year round option for high activity users like runners, cyclists and climbers.
The Fuera windproof smock offers a decent degree of water resistance and can be enhanced further by using the Nikwax TX-Direct wash in waterproofing treatment. When a waterproof jacket isn't needed or isn't an option, the Fuera fits the bill as it offers a highly breathable, but durable jacket that will keep out the worst of the elements if needed. For active users, we often find that when used with other layers (especially using Paramo mid layers which have a directional effect under a windproof) the Fuera is a really flexible garment.
The Fuera has a more active cut - with a shorter front and scooped tail. The fit is unisex, so there is some room for a mid layer underneath if needed and it features a fixed hood (with volume adjustment) and a hand warmer chest pocket along with a draw chord around the bottom of the jacket.
If you are having problems selecting the right size, please feel free to get in touch with us and we can advise you on the right jacket.
SPECS - Paramo Fuera windproof smock
- Reduced flap and weight through contoured fit.
- Visibility and safety from reflective strip.
- Complete freedom of movement and total arm flex through articulated arms and elbows.
- Adjustable cuffs allow precise fit at wrist – can also be pushed up for cooling.
- Additional cooling option via neck/chest zip.
- Freedom of movement from short front and scooped tail with single hand-adjust hem cord.
- Dual access chest pocket will fit a climbing/cycling guide book. Handwarm friendly.
- Optional head protection via fixed adjustable hood.
- Combine with a Páramo Cambia base layer or Reversible Shirt (Mountain Vent and Mountain Pull-on specifically) or both depending on insulation required.
- Low bulk. Easily tied around waist or stowed in own pocket when not worn.
- Made from Nikwax Windproof to cut the wind and deflect the rain.